Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sacramento Atheists and Other Freethinkers

This past Sunday Tapan and I were the special guests at the July meeting of The Sacramento Atheists and Other Freethinkers. We spoke about the tour and even did some of our material. Doing comedy, during the day, in a meeting environment for a bunch of skeptics is a TOUGH gig.

Tapan spent over 30 minutes taking questions about Hinduism and religion in general. When it was my turn I was challenged on my belief that the extreme brand of Islam now troubling some parts of the world is related to the economic and political situation in those parts of the world. In fact; I was challenged on pretty much everything I said, but that is what I love about skeptics.

It was a good time and we're both grateful to the fine folks at Atheist and Other Freethinkers for having us out. For more on this group visit www.aofonline.org

No comments: